Thursday, January 19, 2012

WIP: Red Trefoil Throw



Ok I'm holding myself accountable now! Its been about 2 years since I started this throw. I started when I moved in with my boyfriend, who is now my husband, in an attempt to add some decor to his lovely bachelor pad. He has these leather couches which I have to admit are very nice, real leather, and comfy. But they are just so dang masculine. So I thought maybe red would go well with them to give them some color. I added the red pillows and put some red curtains up in the living room window. Then I though oh I'll make a nice throw with a simple pattern that wont take long, it will be my first blanket so I can be proud. Two anniversaries and a wedding later....I'm probably about half way through. But I'm going to finish it now! That's what matters right?

I'm using Caron Simply Soft as you can see in the picture, in beautiful Autumn Red. This yarn is great, I bout six skeins of it for probably less than $20. Its so soft and shiny and looks like silk! But its 100% acrylic, I don't know how they do it. I love to use this yarn when I can especially for big projects.

The pattern is free from Red Heart and you can find it here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/trefoil-throw

Nothing against the Red Heart yarn...they just don't sell a very good selection where I live. I would like to try the Eco Ways sometime, but all they have here is Super Saver.

So I'm going to try and finish this up sometime...I don't have any other started projects at the moment so I'm going to try and hold off on anything else until this is done. We will see...I still have to make something from Pinterest by the end of the month...but maybe I'll bake something this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of my posts. I love to hear from you <3