Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spiral Motif Shawl



Its finally done! It didn't actually take me that long really...about 3-4 days over the span of a week during my holiday. Its amazing what you can get done when you have nothing else to do! I have been excited about this piece since before I started it and I'm so happy that its done!!

I got the pattern from this wonderful book:



And I was so happy to get it! This was one of the books I had on my list of MUST HAVES for Christmas presents. Thank goodness for amazon wish lists! I had the yarn all ready to go on Christmas day ready to get started on this baby!
Here is a picture from when I was blocking it so you can get a better idea of the shape.


It's basically worked like a pyramid, starting with a row of 4 motifs and adding one each row. The awesome thing about Kristin's book though is that the whole technique of crocheting the peice is seamless! So you don't have to sew them together at the end you just join them all together as you go making multiple motifs all at the same time. Its wonderfuly brilliant! It's just the kind of thing I love about crochet, I love to do interesting patterns that come together in a challening yet creative way. In the end you get something totally unique. Her whole book is full of patterns using this same seamless motif technique and I can't wait to do some more! She has everything from shawls, to blankets, to scarves and hats!  

So there it is! I hope you like it as much as I do! Eventually I'll have to take some better pictures than this but my iPhone will have to do for now!

See the details of this project on Ravelry: http://ravel.me/Firecracker197/blshs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of my posts. I love to hear from you <3